Don't send your food scraps and landscape material to the landfill; compost them instead! Recology encourages you to look into starting a composting program at your facility. A successful program can help save landfill space and close the loop by returning food scraps back to the earth. The environment will benefit.
Acceptable Organics Materials
Only place compostable materials into your green container!
- Bread, grains and pasta
- Coffee grounds (and filters)
- Fish and shellfish
- Fruit, including pits
- Meat, including bones
Soiled Paper Products
- Coffee filters
- Greasy pizza boxes
- Paper cups (including chain store coffee cups) and plates
- Paper ice cream containers
- Paper bags, napkins and towels
- Paper take-out boxes and containers
- Paper tea bags
- Waxed cardboard and paper
- Wine corks
- Branches and brush
- Flowers and floral trimmings
- Grasses and weeds
- Tree trimmings
Unacceptable Organics Materials
Please do not place the following un-compostable materials into your green container!
You can also visit RecycleWorks
of San Mateo County for general recycling and waste reduction information.